Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Terrifying Tuesdays




Tuesdays are fast becoming my most fraught day of the week.  They are supposed to be a working at home day, but once you’ve had children working at work is very much the substandard option.  It is for good reason that I am always first one in the office on my office days. 
Take just the complete bombsite that is our house is following the school run.  It takes nerves of steel to ignore this totally for the day, not to mention a complete disregard for basic sanitation.  But really it is my childcare that needs a serious rethink – K goes to the childminder in the afternoon  on the basis that she used to nap in the morning. 
                            
Well this is very much no longer the case.  And neither is she the kind of child who feels particularly inclined to entertain the idea of relaxing with a dvd and copious amounts of snacks.  What actually happens is there is approximately 5 quiet minutes when I assume Peppa Pig is doing the trick, before she pulls me into the living room to admire her arrangement of every toy in the house deposited on the floor.  I say every toy, but a more accurate description would be every game which involves at least 40 pieces (she is quite impressively selective).  2 of which are generally lost each time she performs this feat.  And the older two generally spot precisely which pieces are missing within about 7 seconds of getting back from school.  There is a lot of eye-rolling, mainly at my parenting. I am really, really hoping that my highly in-demand childminder responds well to the pathetic email I sent her begging for more time.  It is exactly this kind of thing that gives working mothers a bad name.


No comments:

Post a Comment